Saurabh Chandrakar, the kingpin of Mahadev Satta App, is in the news these days for cheating thousands of crores of rupees. He got married in Dubai in February this year. The budget of this wedding was in crores. Whose grandeur is being compared to the weddings held here of billionaires. There was a lot of glamor in this marriage. According to the Enforcement Directorate, Saurabh had spent Rs 200 crore on his marriage. A large part of which was given to the Bollywood celebrities who attended and danced in this wedding. It is being told that 17 celebrities attended the wedding. Now ED can call them for questioning. The names of Tiger Shroff, Sunny Leone, singer Neha Kakkar are at the top. ED is probing Rs 5,000 crore money laundering allegations against Saurabh Chandrakar and his business partner Ravi Uppal, who run an online betting app from Dubai.
Understand what has been known so far in this case in 10 points
1. Saurabh Chandrakar and Ravi Uppal are wanted in money laundering case. Both of them are residents of Chhattisgarh.
2. According to ED sources, Chandrakar had organized another party in Dubai on September 18, 2022. Some Bollywood stars were paid Rs 40 crore to attend that party at a seven star luxury hotel.
3. For the wedding that took place in February, a private jet was hired to fly the family members from Nagpur to Dubai. Bollywood celebrities, wedding planners, dancers, decorators all left Mumbai for Dubai. According to the information, the names of Atif Aslam, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Ali Asgar, Vishal Dadlani, Elli Avram, Bharti Singh, Bhagyashree, Kriti Kharbanda, Nusrat Bharucha, Krishna Abhishek are included in the wedding as performers.
4. The investigation into Mahadev online betting started in December last year. Its Bollywood connection has just come to light.
5. Mahadev online betting application is a game app on which around one million persons betted last year. The app is being operated from about 30 centres. But its promoters now live in Dubai where betting is legal.
6. Some Bollywood celebrities have appeared in YouTube videos promoting Mahadev online betting app.
7. ED has not officially revealed the names of Bollywood celebrities who were featured in the app’s advertisements. But a prominent comic, a character artist, a top b-rang male star, a female comic star have all clearly been paid through this platform.
8. ED on Friday seized assets worth Rs 417 crore from Bhopal, Mumbai and Kolkata in connection with this case.
9. Since betting is banned in India, the functioning of betting sites used to operate under different names.
10. Saurabh Chandrakar is believed to be under 30. He used to sell juice in Bhilai, Chhattisgarh.