Owner : Communication Centre
Director/Editor : Rajesh agrawal
Contact : +91 7424902863
Email : thechhattisgarh@gmail.com
Reg. Address : Communication Centre, Opp. Sani
Mandir, Ram sagar para, Raipur (Chhattisgarh)

November 29, 2020

The Chhattisgarh

Beyond The Region

Privatization Of Railway, Private Trains Will Start Running By 2023

The government has taken steps towards privatization of railways. If everything happens on time, in April 2023, dozens of private trains will run in the country. Regarding how much the fare of private trains running on different routes, it was said by the Railway Board that it will be against the air fare.
Railway Board Chairman VK Yadav said that the government has decided to privatize 5 percent trains. It will be under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. The remaining 95 percent trains will be run by the railways.

He said that most of the private trains will be built in India under Make in India. The fare will be decided after taking into consideration the AC bus and air fare. He said that it would be our endeavor to start operating private trains by April 2023. A special mechanism will be prepared and performance review will be done for how the private trains are performing.

All the possible private trains will run in 12 clusters by April 2021 . These clusters will be Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, Patna, Prayagraj, Secunderabad, Howrah and Chennai. Yadav said that the financial bid for the private train should be completed by April 2021. Request for qualification will be finalized by September 2020.

These companies had shown interest in the
Adodi ports and Make My Trip prior to the crisis Kovid-19 and IndiGo, Vistaar and SpiceJet in the airline had shown interest in running private trains. Other companies to be attracted in this include foreign companies such as Alstom Transport, Bambardier, Siemens AG and Macquarie. According to the railways, passengers will get airline-like services in these trains. Private units will supply catering, cleanliness and beds to passengers in addition to fixing fares

No tags for this post.